Pages

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Batiste: A search for the new favourite

Batiste
R.I.P Batiste Nude. You were my go to product for a little hair pick me up. You picked me up when I was lacking in lustre and allowed me that extra ten minutes in bed. 
Yes, this little bottle meant the world to me and my hair. It is pretty much a non-scented talc, but it was perfect for my hair and didn't have the tell tale grey/white residue of alot of dry shampoos. But, after some twitter desperation, Batiste told me that they have discontinued it (I must like lots of products others don't as my favourites always end this way, see this post for another example!) Lovely Batiste did offer to send me some of the last remaining Batiste Nude (which I am using so sparingly!) and a couple of other products in their (vast!) dry shampoo range. 
Batiste xxl
L-R Batiste XXl Volume, Batiste Cherry, Batiste Nude
I have been using these products (bar my Nude, of course) pretty much since I got them. My hair tends to err on the greasy side and I like a matt finish to my hair so, even after washing, I like to use a good dry shampoo to keep the grease at bay! 

Batiste XXL Volume is different from the normal dry shampoo as it claims to add volume to your hair, as well as banish those oily roots. I was really keen to try this, as I have quite fine and often limp hair and love finding new products to help my hair. Of course, I didn't expect miracles but I was pleasantly surprised with the noticeable bounce I received (and created the perfect base for a quick, no backcomb up-do!) It has a light and fresh fragrance, quite like a sweet perfume, and left very little residual product, once I had followed the instructions! 

Batiste Cherry is part of the normal Batiste range with an added new scent. This is still perfect for those in-between-washes days and leaves my hair perfectly matt and soft. The scent is the deal breaker for this product and I am firmly in the happy camp with it. It is a very sweet scent but one that I didn't find too overpowering, though I imagine if you wore a heavily scented perfume they may be competing! It won't be to everyone's taste, of course, but I'm a fan of ANYTHING cherry scented so this was always going to be a winner. Plus, I love the rather kitsch packaging on the cherry one!

Have I found my new favourite, a replacement for the long loved Batiste Nude? I'm not sure if there will ever be a new Nude but XXL Volume is becoming a fast favourite...

Where do you lie in the dry shampoo spectrum? What's your favourite?

Beforeghosts

2 comments:

  1. likee your blog dear,
    keep posting and go for it!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thank you! Been a bit absent lately but am back for good now :]
      x

      Delete